Start a new career
It’s a great time to start a career in early childhood. The sector is expanding and those with the right qualifications are in demand.
Working in early childhood is life-changing. This is a career where you can make a difference and be a positive influence in shaping young lives.
The role is all about nurturing young children’s wellbeing and assisting in their social, emotional, physical and educational developmental needs.
Early childhood education and care qualifications prepare students for employment in regulated care services such as child care, long day care, kindergartens, occasional care and family day care. It is also a popular qualification for those working as nannies, children's programs and running playgroups.
With a qualification in early childhood, you can work in different early childhood settings – from community-based or not-for-profit services to privately-owned organisations, and/or to services located on school grounds. You can also provide family day care from your own home.
The Creche and Kindergarten Association (C&K)
The C&K College of Early Childhood draws on more than 100 years of practical experience, early childhood education development and proven positive outcomes for children to ensure our students receive the best training.
For more than 100 years, C&K has advocated as a strong voice for children’s rights to a quality childhood education experience.
Children are our greatest asset. Society can often be judged on how children are regarded. C&K considers both children and childhood to be precious and, therefore, what is best for children, is our highest priority.
Offering a natural learning through play concept at all C&K services enriches the lives of children and their families to achieve the C&K vision of a childhood fulfilled.
C&K is a not-for-profit organisation. All of our services are based on respect for children, and profits are reinvested to ensure the best outcome is achieved to benefit children and Educators at our services.
C&K has close to 400 early childhood education and care services across Queensland, from metropolitan areas to regional and remote towns. Our services include kindergarten, long day care, family day care, limited hours care and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs.
Why choose the C&K College of Early Childhood?
- In house Early Childhood expertise delivers quality programs designed to respond to the complexities of working in the Early Childhood sector in 2017
- Quality vocational placement in a C&K Service (or a service of your choice supported by structured on-the-job learning)
- Innovative programs which include latest early childhood education and care sector research and professional development
- Blended learning: students learn through discussion and interaction and through a combination of online, on-the-job, study groups/classroom learning/workshop activities
- Career pathways: start your career with training with links to employment opportunities, or through a Traineeship or Apprenticeship pathway
- Advance your career through professional development with new Skills sets or further you career through the relationships we have established with universities
- Eligible students may receive Queensland Department of Education and Training subsidised training
Find a course
• CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
• CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
• The Early Childhood Teachers Bridging Program
• CHCSS00072 Building Inclusive Practices in Early Childhood Education and Care Skill set
• CHCSS00091 Team Leader Skill set
Download the Student Guide for more detail on studying with the C&K College of Early Childhood.
RTO no. 5025