Building Childcare Capability in Mt Isa
Get Set, Go for Childcare!
C&K College of Early Childhood in partnership with MRAEL are delivering the Get Set, Go for Childcare Program in Mt Isa at no cost to eligible participants.
The program provides participants with the opportunity to undertake the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) whilst receiving tailored support and guidance from MRAEL to increase their work readiness and employability.
Phone: 07 3513 2524
Location and Duration
Location: Mt Isa
Start Date: October 2020 - Ongoing
Course Duration: 26 weeks (including work placement)
Number of Places: 10 (Places are still available)
Course Code: CHC30113
Qualification: Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification is the minimum requirement for early childhood settings in Australia. Childcare and Early Childhood Education facilities are experiencing a skills shortage which means there is high demand for qualified workers. The course covers the following areas:
- Care and nurturing: babies, toddlers and children
- Fostering individual development
- Promoting and facilitating healthy meal times
- Legal and industry requirements
- Planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs
- Working alongside other educators and teachers
- Work with family and community.
Number of Units:
- 18 (15 core and 3 nominated electives)
- See Course Fact Sheet for detail list of units
- Mixed (classroom with work placement)
Formal Entry Requirements:
- Eligibility check conducted by MRAEL Phone: 1300 4 MRAEL (1300 467 235) or Email: email@example.com
- You will need language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course
- You will need to apply for a Blue Card (working with children check) for placement
For the delivery of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care to students in regional areas using Skilling Queenslanders for Work funding provided by the Queensland Government. C&K College of Early Childhood delivers the training and assessment (and issues the qualification or statement of attainment) while MRAEL provides wrap around support and employability services.