Terms and Conditions
• To comply with all set up and removal deadlines advised by C&K in respect of any booth or stand to be erected or used at the Conference. The Exhibitor will be liable for all storage and handling charges resulting from its failure to remove the Exhibitor’s materials from the Conference.
• To conduct its activities within the confines of the space allocated to the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor agrees that all equipment including products and signage will be displayed within the space allocated. The Exhibitor will be responsible for keeping the aisles and areas adjacent to its allocated space free of congestion caused by its activities.
• To take all reasonable care not to damage any portion of the Conference facility during its attendance at the Conference including any damage to the walls or floors of the Conference facility or its surrounding precincts. Any damage caused by the Exhibitor will be on charged to the Exhibitor.
• To be solely responsible for its representatives attending the Conference and its property and materials and any loss or damage to them.
• No products or services that directly compete with C&K products and services shall be promoted, offered or exhibited without the prior approval of C&K, including by way of signage, advertisements, give-aways or products.
• At all times to act in a manner consistent with the good name, goodwill, reputation and image of C&K and the Conference and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Abide by any additional requirements of C&K in connection with the Conference that are not set out in these terms and conditions provided that the Exhibitor is made aware of the requirements with sufficient notice to implement the requirements before the Conference and that such requirements are reasonable.
• Grant to C&K, for the purpose of the Conference, a non-exclusive royalty free licence to use the Exhibitor’s name, logo, brands and trademarks to promote and market the Conference.
• Indemnify and keep indemnified C&K and its respective officers, agents and employees against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including any reasonable legal costs and expenses) arising out of, in connection with, or incidental to:
- Any breach by the Exhibitor of the terms set out in these terms and conditions
- Any claim made by a third party that the material exhibited by the Exhibitor infringes such third party’s rights (including without limitation any registered or unregistered trademarks or logos) or any laws; and / or
- Any claim made in relation to any material, product or service supplied by the Exhibitor or other promotional material published or otherwise made available by the Exhibitor at the event.
- To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall either party be liable for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages (including without limitation damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) arising out the performance or non-performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions, even if the defaulting party has been notified of the possibility of such damage arising.
• The provisions of any statutes enforced from time to time in Australia may imply warranties or conditions or impose guarantees or obligations upon C&K and the Exhibitor which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. If any such statutory provisions apply, then to the extent to which C&K is entitled to limit its liability under that statutory provision, then it does so to the fullest extent permitted. C&K’s maximum liability to the Exhibitor arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions and the Conference shall be limited to the total amount of the Exhibition space fees.
• If the Conference is rescheduled for any reason, the Exhibitor is not relieved of any of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
• Neither C&K or the Exhibitor will be liable for delays or failing to perform any of their obligations under these terms and conditions (except for the obligation to pay the Exhibition space fees) to the extent that such failure is caused by an event beyond C&K’s and the Exhibitor’s reasonable control for as long as such events remain an impediment to performance.
• Take out and keep in force a public risk policy of insurance in respect of its allocated space during the course of the Conference.
• C&K may terminate the booking if the Exhibitor:
• commits a material breach of these terms and conditions and that breach has not been remedied within 24 hours after notification from C&K to the Exhibitor of the breach and / or:
• engages in conduct which, in the reasonable opinion of C&K, reflects unfavourably on the goodwill, good name, reputation or image of the Conference or C&K and that conduct is not rectified to the satisfaction of C&K within 24 hours after notification from C&K to the Exhibitor.
Consequences of Termination
• Upon termination of the booking the Exhibitor will:
• Within seven days of the termination of the Agreement pay to C&K the balance of the Exhibition space fees; and
• have no right to recover or be refunded the deposit paid prior to the date of termination.
• These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between C&K and the Exhibitor. Any amendment or variation to these terms and conditions is not effective unless it is agreed in writing between C&K and the Exhibitor.
• The law of Queensland governs this agreement.