In Home Care (IHC) is a flexible form of child care where an approved educator provides care in the child’s home.
Our educators provide a professional flexible child care service for families in their own home.
Unlike other types of approved child care, In Home Care is only available to families who meet the eligibility criteria. IHC places are targeted to families who:
- The child/children have no access to existing child care services or;
- Their circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs.
and at least one of the following criteria also applies:
- The child’s guardian (or guardian's partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school. This may include children with multiple birth siblings
- The child has, or lives with another child who has, an illness or disability
- The child’s guardian (or guardian's partner) has an illness or a disability that affects their ability to care for the child
- The child lives in a rural/remote area
- The work hours of the child’s guardian (or guardian's partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available. This may include parents/ guardians who work in health/emergency services, hospitality and retail.
In Home Care services must comply with applicable state and territory regulations and licensing requirements This is in line with child ratio’s only – the IHC service is not a part of the NQF (National Quality Framework), it is not a licensed service
The In Home Care service operates under the Interim Standards for In Home Care - Department of Education and Training February 2008, and C&K Policy and Procedures.
ABOUT OUR EDUCATORS
At C&K our core focus is to provide the resources, support, and guidance, to assist parents and educators to work as partners to establish and meet the individual needs of the children within the program. We provide training and ongoing support for our educators to ensure your child receives the best care possible.
Our educators are self-employed and must adhere to strict standards to be registered with our scheme. These requirements include:
- Police criminal record checks
- Carrying their own Public Liability Insurance
- Car safety and child restraints checks, current licence, registration and comprehensive motor insurance if using their vehicles for transporting children
- Mobile phone with active message bank
- Current First Aid certificate & CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Initial training to become a registered educator – 8 hours
- Ongoing professional development training of a minimum of 8 hours per year
- Annual medical certificate
To ensure we provide the best care possible for your child all educators undergo training on behaviour management, professionalism, child play and development, administration, inclusion of special needs, nutrition, health and safety.
C&K In Home Care services are approved by the Australian Government, which means you may be eligible for fee reduction via Child Care Benefit (CCB) for Approved Care and the Child Care Rebate (CCR). Visit www.mychild.gov.au to find out more or contact the Family Assistance Office.
Educators set their own fee structure, with individual educators discussing their rates with families on their first meeting. Fees can range from approx.: $22 to $25 per hour, depending on individual educators and the number of children in care.
There is a child levy of 40 cents per hour per child that is charged to the family on top of the educator fee.
$55.00 per child, however there is a waiver application form that can be lodged with the service in the event of enrolment of multiple children or financial hardship.
Parents must meet the following requirements to be eligible for In Home Care.
- Parents will be required to complete enrolment forms for all children using IHC
- An eligibility form will need to be completed with the inclusion of supporting documentation, this will occur every six (6) months
- Parent’s homes need to meet basic Child Care and Workplace Health and Safety requirements, as the home is turning into a workplace. This is necessary for insurance. This Home Safety check occurs over two (2) home visits
- Pools and outdoor spas need to be appropriately fenced with a current pool safety certificate in place.
To find out more about C&K In Home Care and to check your eligibility, please complete the below form.