At Malanda Community Kindergarten, we have two models of delivery for families to choose from. Both programs ensure children receive the same number of hours of education across the school year. Community Kindergarten opens Monday and Tuesday's, 8:15am - 3:45pm and Wednesday, Thursday and alternate Friday's from 8:45am to 3:00pm. The centre is closed during State School holidays.
Our kindy is located in a quiet natural setting beside the Johnston River. Research has shown that children benefit from interacting and learning in nature and our kindy promotes safe play in our natural outdoor environment. We have a recently renovated and spacious indoor environment where children are encouraged to explore and engage in a variety of learning experiences.
The Malanda Community Kindergarten is committed to providing high quality care and education that is developmentally appropriate and responsive to the needs, interests and abilities of each child within a welcoming, safe and inviting environment.
We are currently rated as EXCEEDING through the National Quality Standards for Early Childhood Care and Education. These standards are determined by the Australian Government to encourage services to provide a high quality and consistent standard of care and education across Australia. Our goals is to work towards continuously improving our services to provide the best possible care and education for your child.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Malanda Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Malanda Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.
We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Ngadjonji people whose land our C&K centre is situated. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to all Elders and Traditional Owners past and present.
The kindergarten years are a vital chapter of children's early childhood education. We recognise that each child is a unique individual with his/her own pattern of development, temperament and potential for learning. We recognise that young children are active, creative learners who seek to make sense of their own world through exploration and problem solving using a variety of materials and ideas.
In understanding and supporting these beliefs, Malanda Kindy aims to:
- Provide a rich, interesting play based curriculum centred upon the children's needs, interests, abilities and social/emotional wellbeing
- Provide a caring and supportive environment which reflects individual needs and cultural diversity
- Provide a warm, inviting, sustainable environment
- Provide an atmosphere where active learners are challenged
- Provide a flexible service which meets the needs of the community
- Encourage and support family involvement
- Provide a centre with a team approach where all staff are qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced in children's learning and where continued professional development is encouraged and valued
- To continually advocate for excellence in early childhood education
To view, C&K Malanda Community Kindergartens Philosophy click here.
The staff at Malanda Kindergarten are committed to your child's wellbeing and education. The teaching team is made up of Kath Norris, Terri Flett and Fiona Johnston.