Training Package Updates
New Training Package Coming Soon.
Status: Approved - Not Yet Endorsed
Currently Skills IQ are undertaking a review of the Early Childhood Education and Care training package. The following Qualifications are under review:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
The AISC considered the proposed training package update at its meeting on the 23rd February 2021 and again at the meeting on the 20th April 2021. The following Training Package Products have been approved by the AISC are now awaiting endorsement by the State and Territory Skills Ministers:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
What are the key changes to the qualifications?
- The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care:
- will require a minimum of 160 hours of work in a regulated children's education and care service
- will be 17 units instead of 18 units (15 core units and 2 electives)
- The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care:
- will require a minimum of 280 hours of work in a regulated children's education and care service
- will be 15 units instead of 28 units (12 core units and 3 electives)
- will have entry requirements (students must hold either CHC30121 or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care)
Reasons for Change
New training packages and qualifications are developed to meet the changing needs of industry as identified by the Service Skills Organisation.
Anthony Shearer, Manage of C&K College said this week, "This is an important change to Early Childhood Education and Care. This changed is welcomed as it will significantly improve outcomes for both educators and the children in their care."
What does this mean?
From the time the new qualifications are endorsed, it is expected that there will be a 12 month teach out period. The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) outline that "Where a training product is superseded by a replacement version, all delivery to students in the superseded version must finish within one year".
Students will have the opportunity to complete their qualification in the nominated teach out timeframe or transition to the new qualifications. C&K College of Early Childhood will provide each student with a Transition Plan to support their decision making process.
C&K College of Early Childhood will provide further updates upon endorsement.
Check back regularly for further updates.