2023 C&K Conference Call for Papers Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By applying to present at the 2023 C&K Conference, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Applications must be submitted online no later than 5pm AEST, Friday 31 March 2023.
- Applications received in any other way, including hard copy, or after the due date, will not be accepted.
- Applications must include a biography:
a. Individual applicants maximum of 150-words
b. Group applicants maximum of 350-words.
- Applications must include an Abstract, maximum of 500 words.
- Applications must address the Selection Criteria as listed in the 2023 Conference Call for Papers information sheet.
- All applications must be submitted electronically via the online Call for Papers Submission Form (Please be aware that selected presentation abstracts and biographies will undergo copyediting before being printed in the conference program).
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by C&K. Successful Applications will be chosen based on the quality, diversity and the degree to which the proposed content informs, engages and addresses the selection criteria. Applicants will be notified no later than 28 April 2023 as to the outcome of their application.
- Speakers will be required to enter into a Speaker Agreement with C&K.
- Speakers must register to attend the 2023 C&K Conference.
- Travel, accommodation and any other associated costs will be the responsibility of the Speaker.
- C&K reserves the right to make alterations to the conference speakers, programs, venues and timings.
- Be available to speak at any time during the conference on Saturday 29th July 2023
- Register for attendance at the Conference by Friday 30 June 2023
- Consent to C&K photographing or filming Speakers and their presentation, for use in our publications, website and any other promotional material associated with C&K.
- Be willing to deliver the proposed session more than once during the conference.
- Advise C&K of all materials needed to support the delivery of their presentation.
C&K encourages Speakers to obtain independent advice regarding insurance to cover potential risks including (but not limited to) costs of travel, accommodation, conference fees, personal property, health and medical expenses, injury, death and any other risks.
Free of Commercial Interest
Speakers must confirm their presentation is free of commercial interest. Any application that is selling or promoting a particular product or commercial service will not be accepted.
Suitability, Privacy and Intellectual Property
Speakers must confirm their presentation does not contain anything which is illegal, blasphemous, defamatory, indecent, or which infringes the statutory or common law rights of any third parties including any Intellectual Property Rights. Speakers must confirm their presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, or privacy rights).
Privacy Data Collection Statement:
C&K requests your name, company, telephone number, email address, and any additional information you wish to share with us that would assist us with supporting your application to speak at this event.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to accept your application to speak at this event.
We will only use the information provided to contact you in relation to your application to speak at this event. We will not use or disclose this information for any other purpose unless you have consented, you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for another purpose or we are required by law.
C&K reserves the right to amend these terms at any time. The most recent version of the terms and conditions will be made available on our website. C&K does not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes.