About our centre
Alma Street Pre-Prep is a community based, non-profit educational centre established in Gympie for over 0 years.
The centre offers positions for pre-prep (3½-4 ½ years olds) in a child centred, play based environment.
The centre is staffed by fully qualified, very experienced teachers and assistants, and offers stable groups for 5 day a fortnight sessions.
Alma Street Pre-Prep is affiliated with C&K and implements the living and learning curriculum “Building Waterfalls” developed by C&K. This Curriculum is a partnership between children, parents, educators and the community.
The Pre-Prep program is more than just physical care of children. The equipment and program of this centre are planned to help children develop as individuals, bringing out their talents and developing skills, attitudes and knowledge - at their own pace - and in all areas of their development.
- The objectives of this centre are to enable children to:
- Discover they are people of worth, who can do many things for themselves,
- Realise that what they do affects others, and to learn ways of working and playing happily with others,
- Begin to assume responsibility for their own behaviour and develop self-control, and be helped to accept the consequences of their decisions according to their ability at a particular stage of development,
- Learn about the world around them eg. earth, sky, plants, animals and people.
- To express their ideas in art, drama, music and
- To become more skilful with their own body,
- To explore new interests and ideas,
- To reason
- and solve problems, and
- to think creatively, through supervised play and with others their own age, and in play activities with selected equipment.
Our Staff are committed to quality early childhood education
Lisa Gilmore: Director and Teacher - *Diploma of Teaching: Early Childhood Education *Bachelor of Education
Kym Ward: Assistant - *Advanced Diploma of Children's Services
Chloe Vidler: Cert III in Early Childhood
Jill Gilchrist: Co-Director and Teacher
*Bachelor of Education *Diploma of Children’s Services
Lisa Crail: Assistant *Cert III in Education Support *Diploma of Early Childhood
Alma Street won the 2015 Excellence and Innovation Pedagogy and Practice Award at the Queensland Annual Early Education and Care Conference.