Beginning to Teach at C&K Program
About the Program
Are you a newly graduated teacher or a teacher that has come to us from a primary or secondary background or a provisionally registered teacher? If so, then this program is for you!
The C&K Beginning to Teach at C&K program is a support and learning program to ensuring C&K teachers develop a love of teaching kindergarten aged children, and are supported on their teaching career journey with C&K.
The program is delivered over 12 months, with an extension of an extra 12 months available for C&K teachers working toward full registration from QCT.
The program includes:
- An experienced mentor from the C&K Early Childhood team.
- A C&K Collaborative Teaching and Learning journal.
- Tailored goal setting and access to a professional learning calendar with topics specific to those beginning to teach at C&K.
- Hanen Training.
- 4 specific program visits over the course of the program.
- Bespoke context-driven professional networking opportunities (for example, location based small group meetings, online line meetings).
- Annual symposium with guest speakers.
In addition to the above, participants seeking to progress to full registration will have access to:
- A report completed by the mentor that track’s PRT’s progress and is transferable across services.
- Completion of the QCT review report.
- Specific professional learning with focus on standards.
- C&K PRT progress report.
"The Beginning to Teach at C&K Program has been designed with and for teachers, to help them develop their skills, knowledge and professional identity, through mentorship and ongoing learning opportunities."
Nadine McAllister, C&K Principle Advisor for Curriculum and Pedagogy
Criteria for Participants in the Program
The program is available to C&K affiliate or branch teachers that are employed on a permanent basis or on a contract position for 6 months and over; AND
- Provisionally registered through QCT; OR
- Have graduated in the last two years from an ACECQA recognised teaching qualification; OR
- Are working towards their teaching qualification; OR
- Have completed a primary teaching degree and bridging course certificate 3; OR
- Have completed a secondary teaching degree and certificate 3; OR
- Early career teachers working in a room other than the kindergarten room in a Childcare Centre.
If you think this is the program for you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.