C&K has over 30 childcare centres throughout Queensland and as a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to keep fees affordable for families and have developed a fee system to maximise family access to available subsidies.
What are my childcare fees?
Childcare fees for C&K childcare centres are different for each centre and are available to view on the centre’s web page. Fees are updated every year in July. All C&K childcare centres are approved for the Australian Government's Child Care Subsidy (CCS). We also receive Queensland Government funding for our kindergarten program delivered in our childcare centres. In 2024, eligible-age children may receive up to 15 hours per week of free kindy.
Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
The Australian Government helps families with the cost of childcare by subsidising fees to reduce out-of-pocket costs.
To be eligible for CCS you must:
- Care for a child 13 or younger who’s not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
- Use an approved childcare service
- Be responsible for paying the childcare fees
- Meet residency and immunisation requirements.
The amount of CCS you are entitled to will depend on the following:
- What your combined family income is
- How much ‘recognised’ activity you and your partner undertake each fortnight
- The number and age of children you have in approved care.
To learn about CCS and check your eligibility, please visit the Services Australia website.
FREE Kindy from 2024
From 1 January 2024, all eligible-age children accessing a government-approved kindergarten program at a C&K childcare centre is eligible for 15 hours per week for 40 weeks (up to a maximum of 600 hours a year) for free in addition to CCS.
Please check your eligibility for free kindy below:
- Your child must be of eligible-age (turning 4 by 30 June, in the year they attend a kindy program).
- Only one centre can claim the funding subsidy for your child for FREE kindy.
- If your child is enrolled in another childcare centre, you can only access FREE kindy at one centre, and you will need to choose which centre you'd like the funding applied to.
- If your child is enrolled in a government-approved kindergarten program at a community kindergarten they are not eligible for FREE kindy at our childcare centre as the funding will be applied to the community kindergarten.
Flexible booking options
At C&K we appreciate that each family is different with individual needs. We offer flexible booking options, designed to help you maximise your CCS and access to early childhood education and care while minimising out-of-pocket costs.
We have three options available:
- A full day
- 9-hour session
- 10-hour session
Our 9 and 10 hour sessions work in with your schedule and start once your child is signed in, they do not have set start and finish times.
What if I have more questions about fees?
You can read more about C&K's fee policy here.
Kidsoft and the Australian Childcare Alliace Queensland have created a free kindy calculator for families to estimate their out-of-pocket cost for their eligible-age child attending a kindy program at a C&K childcare centre.
Please contact us if you have any other questions.