Find a C&K near you
C&K operates over 30 Childcare centres throughout Queensland and as a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to keep fees affordable for families and have developed a fee system to maximise family access to available subsidies.
What are my childcare fees?
Childcare fees for C&K Childcare centres are set by each centre and are available to view on the centre’s web page. Fees are updated every year in July. All C&K Childcare centres are approved for the Child Care Subsidy (CCS). We also have Kindergartens with Extended Hours approved for CCS.
Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
The Australian Government helps families with the cost of childcare by subsidising fees to reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
To be eligible for CCS you must:
- Care for a child 13 or younger who’s not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
- Use an approved childcare service
- Be responsible for paying the childcare fees
- Meet residency and immunisation requirements.
The amount of CCS you are entitled to will depend on the following:
- What your combined family income is
- How much ‘recognised’ activity you and your partner undertake each fortnight
- The number and age of children you have in approved care.
To learn about CCS and check your eligibility, please visit the Services Australia website.
Child Care Subsidy changes are coming this July!
The Australian Government will be increasing its CCS rates for families in July 2023. This is great news for our C&K families, with 96% of families seeing a decrease in their out-of-pocket costs. We have compiled everything you need to know in preparation for the upcoming changes, so your family can make the most of the savings and access to affordable early childhood education and care. If you are currently using CCS, you won’t need to do anything as the rate increase will be automatically applied.
- CCS rates will be lifted to 90% for families earning less than $80,000
- Investing $33.7 million to provide First Nations children access to a minimum entitlement of 36 hours per fortnight of subsidised early childhood education and care.
- Increased subsidy rates for families earning under $530,000 (see table below)
- Two or more children attending C&K or OSCH? Families will continue to receive existing higher subsidy rates for their second and subsequent children aged five and under in care, up to 95 per cent.
How much will my family save?
The below tables show an estimate of the new CCS rates, and savings per income band. We have based this on an average C&K Childcare Centre daily rate.
|Family income||Current CCS %||July 2023 CCS %|
Flexible Booking Options
At C&K we appreciate that each family is different with individual needs. We offer flexible booking options, designed to help you maximise your CCS and access to early childhood education and care while minimising out-of-pocket costs.
We have three options available:
- A full day
- 9-hour session
- 10-hour session
Our 9 and 10 hour sessions work in with your schedule and start once your child is signed in, they do not have set start and finish times.
What if I have more questions about fees?
You can read more about C&K's fee policy here.