Welcome to Gordonvale Community Kindergarten
Our goal at Kindy is to learn through play. We promote a child initiated, child directed, and adult supported play based program.
Our Kindy supports the development of broad life long skills in children, including:-
- positive self concept
- independent thought
- self motivation
- positive attitude towards learning
- the ability to cope with change
- Children are viewed as successful, competent and capable learners.
- Children’s rights and best interests are paramount.
- Learning through play forms the foundations of the program supported by qualified, experienced and approachable staff.
- The individuality and diversity of each child and his/her family is acknowledged through equitable and inclusive practices.
- Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures are recognised and valued.
- Parents and families roles are valued, respected and supported.
The kindergarten was built by the community of Gordonvale and officially opened on 31st August, 1971.
Our Opening Hours
Monday and Tuesday, 8.20am to 4pm
Wednesday, Thursday and alt Friday, 8.20am to 2.35pm
Centre is closed every second Friday.
Gordonvale Community Kindergarten runs two groups:
Green Tree Frogs Group
Monday, Tuesday (2 long days per week)
Wednesday, Thursday, alternate Friday (5 day fortnight)
You can also find us on Facebook at
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Gordonvale Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Gordonvale Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child's place.