Find a C&K near you
Learning and Development
Connect through learning with C&K
Whether you’re a newly graduated teacher or an experienced educator ready to take your career to the next level, C&K empowers our people for success.
That’s why people come for a job and stay for a rewarding, long-term career.
At C&K, we see children as curious, capable and confident learners – and we know that our employees are life-long learners as well.
We invest in a wide variety of professional development, training and learning opportunities. We have a whole team of highly skilled pedagogy and practice advisors ready to support and guide you, from kick-starting your early years career to connecting you with mentoring, coaching, networking and learning events, right across Queensland.
Our Education, Learning and Research team can help you fine-tune your career goals and support you to develop your individual career pathway, so you can keep learning and growing professionally.
And if you’re interested in stepping into leadership for the first time, you’ll discover plenty of career advancement opportunities, including formal career progression plans for leadership positions across Queensland.
C&K is widely regarded as the sector leader and as a not-for-profit, we invest in our exceptional people.
Our annual conferences are filled with sector leaders, innovators and big thinkers. Our regional development days are tailored to the needs of each group of educators and led by people who are experts in their field.
Did you know we also have our own Registered Training Organisation (RTO)? C&K College is a well-established and respected RTO that has delivered early childhood qualifications for thousands of school students, trainees, apprentices and secondary or primary teachers, ready for a change.
Learning and development at C&K is about:
Opportunities for Growth and Learning
- Mentoring, coaching and training for our upcoming leaders ready to progress their career, including:
- Educational Practices
- Change Management and
- Business Essentials
- Access to the Ed Hub, C&Ks website for educators and teachers, filled with inspiring Stories of Practice and links to our Curriculum Approach
- Support from our Learning and Research team of highly skilled pedagogy and practice advisors
- Secondment and project opportunities with our Early Childhood Team
- Formal learning, including online, self-paced professional learning courses.
- Formal education (online or face to face), including self-paced professional learning courses at our C&K College
- Whatever your individual learning needs are, we can help you achieve them.
C&K Learning and Development Framework
Online and in person courses in Fire & Safety, First Aid, Workplace Health & Safety, Child Protection, Diversity, Privacy and more.
Listening and Learning Together: C&K Curriculum Approach, Behaviour Guidance, Inclusive Practices, NQF, Infant-Toddler Pedagogy, Educational Leadership, Nature Pedagogy and more.
Management & Business Essentials
Build your skills in financial management, people management, and project management.
Lead and develop yourself and others.
Transitioning employees, leaders and C&K through a changing business environment.
For more information contact us at LD@candk.asn.au.