Welcome to the Lutwyche Windsor Kindergarten & Preschool.
We are a single unit centre with 44 enrolments. We are a well established centre, having offered kindergarten programs to children for over 70 years. Our extensive grounds are well maintained and the whole centre has recently undergone major renovations.
Our opening hours are:
Group 1: each Monday & Tuesday, 8:30am - 4:00pm
Group 2: each Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 8:30am - 2:30pm
We strive to....
- provide a program which is based on play and gives children the opportunity to make choices
- treat each child as an individual and foster development of their needs and interests
- provide an environment that is warm, secure and supportive and that encourages development of self-esteem and self-confidence
- foster a team approach where all children, parents and staff are respected & valued and encourage cooperation, kindness and acceptance
- promote development of the whole child physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively
- ensure we keep alive a child's nature, desire to learn and curiosity about the world
- promote development of a child'd independence and self-help skills
NQF Assessment & Rating
In June of 2015, the kindergarten was assessed through the National Quality Framework and in September of that year, we were awarded a rating of "Exceeding the National Quality Standards"
Each parent is provided with a secure access to an online and interactive documentation program called Kindy Portal. Features include:
- An individual portfolio for each child
- Our kindergarten program
- Links to our curriculum
- Secure access to photos of kindy activities and events
- Email communication
- Individual transition statement for each child prior to going to school
- A secure platform for parent/teacher communication
For more information, please refer to the Kindergarten brochure