It is part of Narnia’s philosophy to develop within each child a love of learning and a high level of self worth, while joining with parents as partners in their child’s early education. At Narnia we use the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and C&K curriculum Approach. Both of these supporting curriculums provide a powerful and symbolic provocation for our thinking and a reminder of the capabilities of children – their strength, optimism, spontaneity and possibility.
Educational Goals of Kindergarten:
The long term goals of the planned and incidental curriculum at Narnia are to:
- Provide a caring and encouraging environment which nurtures a sense of self worth;
- Create a supportive, educational program, where children are intrinsically motivated through active exploration and play. It is through play experiences that children learn best;
- Provide an environment where children develop an enquiry approach to learning. Children are encouraged to problem solve and seek answers to their questions;
- Provide a physical environment which is safe, attractive and conducive to learning;
- Develop each child’s language and social skills to include an empathy and respect for others;
- Build foundations for lifelong learning;
- Provide a program that caters to each child’s interests, needs and abilities;
- Support parents in their role as parents and teachers;
- Develop an appreciation of the natural environment which will assist the children in relaxing and feeling at ease;
- Continually review the children’s progress and to reflect upon curriculum content and applicability.
8:25am - 4:07 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Operate on Wednesday's 9:00am - 12:30pm (no children attend on this day)
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Narnia Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Narnia Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.