Operating Hours and Groups
At West End Scott Street Community Kindergarten we have two models of delivery for families to choose from. We operate during QLD school terms.
- Group 1: Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesdays, 8:30am to 2:45pm
- Group 2: Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesdays, 8:30am to 2:45pm
The groups comprise a maximum of 22 children and the staff ratio includes 2 experienced and qualified staff to 22 children.
We are closed for school holidays, public holidays and some pupil free days.
Welcome to West End Scott Street Community Kindergarten! Our beautiful kindergarten holds a special place in the hearts of many local families as it has been operating now for over 65 years.
We provide a high quality program for children in an engaging, interesting, well resourced and aesthetically pleasing learning environment.
Our classic Queenslander building was purposefully renovated by award winning Brisbane architects in 2008. It is a attractive and spacious home like environment, where children feel comfortable, welcome and relaxed to learn at their own pace through play.
We are located conveniently across the road from West End State Primary School in the vibrant inner city suburb of West End.
You can find us at 15 Hardgrave Road (corner of Scott Street). We are very close to Davis Street Park and Montague Rd.
At West End Scott Street Community Kindergarten, we provide a relaxed, friendly and welcoming environment where children and families feel secure, valued and included.
We are committed to
- recognising the potential of every child
- valuing each child as a unique individual
- developing warm, respectful and reciprocal relationships
- celebrating the richness of different cultures and values
- giving children opportunities to develop holistically in all areas
- a belief that children are capable and resourceful learners full of ideas, their own passions and questions that we extend on
- providing a safe , protective and healthy environment
- honouring each child’s right to play
- connecting children to their natural world and increasing awareness for the environment
- putting children first
- striving for excellence.
No two days are the same at West End Scott Street Community Kindergarten. Our teaching team tailor each day’s learning taking into account the interests of the children in the group. The spacious environment at our kindy is thoughtfully planned and well resourced. There is a focus on music, drama, literature and visual arts and time spent discovering the natural environment outdoors.
Community spirit is important to us at West End Scott Street Community Kindergarten. We foster our strong ties to the local community by encouraging parent input and involvement in the daily operations of the kindergarten and programming decisions. We often hold and partake in community events and love connecting with local businesses and groups around us.