C&K Lowood & District Community Kindergarten is open Monday - Friday from 9.00am-3.00pm. As C&K Kindergartens have an open door policy, the doors will open at 2:40pm in the afternoons.
We offer two groups on a five day fortnight schedule.
Group 1 Monday/Tuesday/Alternating Wednesday - 22 children.
Group 2 Alternating Wednesday/Thursday/Friday - 22 children.
We believe that the early part of our up bringing is a fundamental component in our lives, and can be greatly influenced by a caring, safe and stimulating learning environment. At Lowood Kindergarten we recognise the importance of play within our learning environment. We are guided by C&K's philosophy of a play based curriculum that allows children to learn, grow and develop to their full potential. To enable this to happen the children are learning in an environment that encourages, supports, challenges and provides numerous opportunities for spontaneous learning.
- We are Community Based, not-for-profit organisation.
- We are managed by a PARENT COMMITTEE, elected each year.
- The children's education is our main aim.
- We provide a fun and exciting educational program for both kindy and preschool aged children.
- Our priority is to provide for the children and families in the local and wider community.
- All aspects of the environment provide the highest quality and standards.
- Play is the main component of our educational program, with the importance of parent, family and community involvement a major focus.
Our Educational Program
We use C&K’s Building Waterfalls – Australia’s first collaborative early childhood curriculum. The daily routine is made up of indoor and outdoor activities, with group times several times a day to focus on language, communication, self-concept and music/movement. The activities are based on individual developmental needs and interests from observations recorded and planned for by staff, as well as daily interactions and ideas from children. We incorporate the following activities and experiences:
- Negotiated & emergent curriculum
- Learning through discovery and group collaboration
- Visual Arts
- Music and Movement
- Science experiments
- Education for sustainability (worm farm, recycling)
- Qld Museum Loan
- Special Community Visitors (Music Show, Reptile Show, Fire, Police and Ambulance)
- Visit to elderly at nursing home
- Annual Excursion
- Parent Roster & Interviews
The Kindergarten has perm 1 permanent qualified, registered early childhood trained Teacher/Director, and is supported by an experienced Assistant. Together they offer a warm and supportive environment for all children and their families. They each hold a current First Aid Certificate.
President - Leads and motivates Committee, Acts as Chairperson at Monthly meetings, Co-ordinates & delegates responsibilities, Needs to be aware of the day to day operations
Vice-President - Adopts Presidents role in his/her absence, Accepts delegation responsibility for special projects eg. Maintenance, marketing
Secretary - Records minutes & supplies copies complying with rules, Responds to correspondence, Maintains files & membership register, Prepares monthly Newsletter
Treasurer - Prepares accounts due for fees, Receipts & banks all monies received for fees, Maintains records books, Issues receipts for Child Care Benefit
There are also other Sub-Committee members such as Fundraising Co-ordinator, Maintenance Officer & the combined role of Risk Management & Workplace Health & Safety Officer.