Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm
Atherton Community Kindergarten is affiliated with the Creche and Kindergarten (C&K) Association and we offer foundational, educational and play based programs that are complementary to entry into prep.
Atherton Community Kindergarten's operating hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm with various grouping available.
At Atherton Community Kindergarten we provide a fun, stimulating and natural environment that will foster learning through real life experiences. We strive;
• To provide a rich and caring environment reflective of the community where staff are qualified, experienced and engaged in facilitating children’s learning.
• To provide a program that is play based but also incorporates intentional teaching.
• To focus on the needs and interests of the child.
• To accept and embrace that each child is a unique individual with his/her own pattern of development, temperament and potential for learning.
• To foster beneficial life skills and encourage socially acceptable behaviour through play, role-play, stories and modelling.
• To ensure that the program reflects and meets the needs and interests of the Atherton Tablelands community based on the principles of social inclusion, participation and equity.
• To celebrate diversity within our community.
• To encourage children to participate in planning the environment and program.
• To encourage equity in choice and opportunity.
• To create a safe but challenging environment both inside and out that encourages risk taking, investigation and creativity, promotes a sense of wonder about the world and fosters a love and awareness for our environment.
• To be flexible about routine, space, time and equipment.
• To encourage a sense of ownership in families through participation in management, maintenance, curriculum activities and social events. • To encourage and allow children to engage in risky play to enable them to take calculated risks.
• To connect and learn with nature
• To acknowledge the importance of the Yidinji community in the life of our kindergarten
• To commit to continuous improvement
No two days are the same at Atherton Kindy. Our teaching team tailor each day’s learning taking into account the interests of the children in the group. The spacious environment at our kindy is thoughtfully planned and well resourced. There is a focus on music, drama, literature and visual arts and time spent discovering the natural environment outdoors.
Community spirit is important to us at Atherton Kindy. We foster our strong ties to the local community by encouraging parent input and involvement in the daily operations of the kindergarten and programming decisions. We often hold and partake in community events and love connecting with local businesses and groups around us