Operating Days and Hours
Thursday and Friday 8.30am - 4.15pm
Our program aims to provide an appropriate balance of teacher initiated and children initiated activities focused on interests, enjoyment and free choice. You will see the children engaged in painting, pasting, puzzles, block building, dressing up, story reading, sand and water play, climbing, running and other outdoor activities.
We strive to ensure our program reflects and meets the needs and interests of the Babinda and Yidinji Community. At Babinda Kindergarten, we strive:
- to respect the rights of children as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the rights of the child (1989) and commit to advocating for these rights
- To provide an environment where children and families have a sense of belonging
- To provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment which is reflective to our community
- To promote play based learning that also incorporates teaching with intent
- To focus on the needs and interests of the child
- To accept and embrace that each child is a unique individual
- To encourage children to negotiate and collaborate in planning their environment and their program
- To create a safe but challenging environment which encourages the children to be active negotiators and collaborators in their own risk taking and risk assessment
- To create an environment that fosters a sense of wonder about the world, and love and awareness for our environment
- To take an active role in caring for our environment, our sustainable practice and our responsibilities in contributing to a sustainable future
- To be responsive and flexible with respect to children's interests, needs and spontaneous situations.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Babinda Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Babinda Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.