Kindergarten Program Hours
- Monday to Friday, 8:55 am to 3:00 pm
Hours of Operations (including bus transport times)
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Families are able to drop off children from 8:55 am and must collect them from kindy by 3:00 pm.
Our Kindergarten offers a daily bus service.
Our centre has a free bus service that is available to all C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten children who require transport to and from the centre.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modelling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuring that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
We believe families are a child's first place of learning and are critically important in the education of their children. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten.
We believe our staff are an integral link in the successful partnership of a child's development and education. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten.
Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging involvement and support of community in all areas of the C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten through actively liaising with organisations in the community to maintain the relationship.
For more information, please read the Boopa Werem Parent Information Booklet.
Great Start to Kindergarten Pilot Program 2021
C&K has been successful in securing funding from the Queensland Department of Education for the Great Start to Kindergarten Pilot Program. This pilot provides funding for community kindergartens selected by the Department to offer no-cost or low-cost three-year-old programs in terms 3 and 4 in 2021.
C&K Boopa Werem Kindergarten and Preschool is offering the no-cost Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program and Pre-kindy program for three-year-olds in terms 3 and 4, 2021. Families can choose which program best suits their family and child.
Please contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service to support families with enrolments, inclusion, and medical needs forms. This service provides clarity to help remove language barriers that impact the child's needs.
Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program
Three-year-old children will attend the existing high-quality community kindergarten program alongside four-year-olds, which will complement and extend children's learning at home. It also provides learning opportunities that are not always readily available in a home context – including building relationships with teachers and learning to cooperate with peers in a group environment.
Attending this program in terms 3 and 4, 2021 will provide children with opportunities to learn alongside older children and provide an individualised and developmentally appropriate approach.
Children will play and learn in a kindergarten environment specifically for three-year-olds, led by a qualified kindergarten teacher. Through indoor and outdoor play spaces, teachers will engage children with opportunities to explore, experiment, develop friendships, and express their creativity, while nurturing a lifelong love of learning!
After attending the pre-kindy program, children will be supported to transition into the four-year-old kindergarten program in 2022.
For more information, please contact us on 07 4051 4367.