Kindergarten Program Hours
- Monday to Friday, 8:55 am to 3:00 pm
Hours of Operations (including bus transport times)
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Families are able to drop off children from 8:55 am and must collect them from kindy by 3:00 pm.
Our Kindergarten offers a daily bus service.
Our centre has a free bus service that is available to all C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten children who require transport to and from the centre.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modelling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuring that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
We believe families are a child's first place of learning and are critically important in the education of their children. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten.
We believe our staff are an integral link in the successful partnership of a child's development and education. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten.
Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging involvement and support of community in all areas of the C&K Boopa Werem Community Kindergarten through actively liaising with organisations in the community to maintain the relationship.
For more information, please read the Boopa Werem Parent Information Booklet.