Coen Kindergarten offers a Kindergarten program on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week during school terms from 8am-3pm. Children aged 3 – 5 years are the target age for this program. Kindergarten costs from as little as $5 per day.
We also offer a Limited Hours Care Program on Thursday and Friday from 8am-12:30pm during school terms. This Program is open to children aged between 15 months and 5 years.
Our centre has a free bus service that is available to all Coen Community Kindergarten children who require transport to and from the centre.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modeling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuing that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
We believe families are a child's first place of learning and are critically important in the education of their children. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at Coen Community Kindergarten
- We believe our staff are an integral link in the successful partnership of a child's development and education. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at Coen Community Kindergarten
- C&K Coen Community Kindergarten encourages the involvement and support of our community in all areas of our centre through actively liasing with organisations in the community to maintain these strong relationships.
Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program 2022
C&K has been successful in securing funding from the Queensland Department of Education for the Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program. This program provides funding for community kindergartens selected by the Department to offer no-cost or low-cost three-year-old programs in terms 3 and 4 in 2022.
To be eligible for the funding, children need to have turned three by 30 June 2022.
Coen Kindergarten is offering a Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program for three-year-olds in terms 3 and 4, 2022.
Please contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service to support families with enrolments, inclusion, and medical needs forms. This service provides clarity to help remove language barriers that impact the child's needs.
Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program
Three-year-old children will attend the existing high-quality community kindergarten program alongside four-year-olds, which will complement and extend children's learning at home. It also provides learning opportunities that are not always readily available in a home context – including building relationships with teachers and learning to cooperate with peers in a group environment.
Attending this program in terms 3 and 4, 2022 will provide children with opportunities to learn alongside older children and provide an individualised and developmentally appropriate approach.
Please contact us for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Coen Kindergarten and limited hours care has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Coen Kindergarten and limited hours care for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.