Coen Kindergarten offers a Kindergarten program on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week during school terms from 8am-3pm. Children aged 3 – 5 years are the target age for this program. Kindergarten costs from as little as $5 per day.
We also offer a Limited Hours Care Program on Thursday and Friday from 8am-12:30pm during school terms. This Program is open to children aged between 15 months and 5 years.
Please speak to the Centre Director by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4060 1160.
At Coen Community Kindergarten, we pride ourselves in acknowledging and respecting the culture, background and history of each individual child and their families. We want to ensure that each of these individual needs are respected and considered in all aspects of our service.
Our centre has a free bus service that is available to all Coen Community Kindergarten children who require transport to and from the centre.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
• Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
• Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
• Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
• Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
• Role modeling respectful behaviour
• Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
• Acknowledging each child as an individual
• Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
• Ensuing that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
We believe families are a child's first place of learning and are critically important in the education of their children. Our staff work to achieve this by:
• Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
• Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
• Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
• Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at Coen Community Kindergarten
• We believe our staff are an integral link in the successful partnership of a child's development and education. Our staff work to achieve this by:
• Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
• Working together to share ideas and support each other
• Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at Coen Community Kindergarten
• C&K Coen Community Kindergarten encourages the involvement and support of our community in all areas of our centre through actively liasing with organisations in the community to maintain these strong relationships.