Monday - Thursday
7:50am - 3:30pm
Children either attend a Monday & Tuesday only or Wednesday & Thursday only. You can make your preference known at the time of enrolment.
At C&K Cooktown Community Kindergarten, we pride ourselves in acknowledging and respecting the culture, background and history of each individual child and their families. We want to ensure that each of these individual needs are respected and considered in all aspects of our service. Our centre has a free bus service that is available to all C&K Cooktown Community Kindergarten Children who do not have transport of their own.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modelling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuring that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at C&K Cooktown Community Kindergarten.
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at C&K Cooktown Community Kindergarten.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Cooktown Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Cooktown Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.