Kindergarten Program Hours
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and alternate Mondays
8:30am - 2.40pm (during Queensland school terms)
Dimbulah Community Kindergarten operates a five-day fortnight. The first week we operate on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; on the second week we run a program on Tuesday and Wednesday. Dimbulah Limited Hours Daycare operates from the same centre on Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-3pm.
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modelling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuring that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at C&K Dimbulah Community Kindergarten.
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at C&K Dimbulah Community Kindergarten.
- Encouraging involvement and support of community in all areas of the C&K Dimbulah Community Kindergarten through actively liaising with organisations in the community to maintain the relationship.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Dimbulah Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Dimbulah Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.