- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 2:38pm, Queensland school terms and closed pubic holidays.
We do not have a before or after kindy program.
- Group 1A & 2A: Monday, Tuesday, alternate Wednesdays, 8:30am - 2:38pm
- Group 1B & 2B: alternate Wednesdays, Thursday, Friday, 8:30am - 2:38pm
C & K Eimeo Road Community Kindergarten, a branch service of C&K, is located at the bottom of our local State Primary School in the Northern Beaches suburb of Mackay in Rural View. We are located next to Marlin's Swim School and aren't far from the Northern Beaches Shopping Centre. We offer a unique kindergarten program that is centered around a living and learning community that values children as competent and capable individuals. This play-based curriculum helps children to socialise, build confidence, and develop communication and early literacy and numeracy skills to ensure that the schools are ready for us. Apart of our Philosophy is to incorporate animals into our daily routines. We have a variety of animals that the children interactive with during the day. Which includes Millie the Kindy Dog, she works with our children that are anxious, upset and scared. C & K Eimeo Road Kindergarten has a large backyard which provides the space to encourage wildlife and allow the children to climb our beautiful trees.
Recommended age is between 3.5 years and 4.5 years
No two days are the same at C&K Eimeo Road. Our teaching team tailors each day’s learning, taking into account the interests of the children in the group. The spacious and natural environment at our Kindy is thoughtfully planned and well resourced. While we understand the importance of music, drama, literature and visual arts, we allocate plenty of time for uninterrupted play and discovery. Science, technology, engineering and Math’s also play an important part of our day. These can be seen through the children’s StoryPark digital portfolio that are based on the children’s experiences and authentic documentation.
Community spirit is important to us at C&K Eimeo Road. We foster strong ties to the local community by encouraging parent involvement in the daily operations of the kindergarten. We often hold and partake in community events and love connecting with local businesses and groups around us and taking the children on excursions out into the local community.
Belinda Rule from C&K Eimeo Road won the 2019 Professional Excellence Award and the Overall Award, the Emeritus Professor Mary Mahoney AO Award for Excellence in Education and Care.
Come explore C&K Eimeo Road kindy! This 12-minute tour, by our Director/Teacher, Belinda Rule, was filmed during a normal day at kindy.
We'll show you:
- our numeracy and experimenting area
- how we adjust our spaces for children who need extra support or additional needs
- our reading nook and educator and children's 1-on-1 area
- our extensive and lush outdoor play space, which includes a native beehive, cubby houses, gardens, sandpit, boat, chickens.
- our art studio and literacy station
- our C&K curriculum approach which is documented through our collaborative teaching and learning journal, and
- how children are busy playing, learning and engaging with our teaching areas.
Meet the Teachers
Our teachers value working as part of a team to support not only one child, but all children.