Kindergarten Program Hours
Mud Crabs Group
Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesday 8.30am - 2:45pm
Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesday 8:30am 2:45pm.
Children either attend the Mud Crabs group or the Wallabies group. In some cases, there may be an opportunity to attend both groups however eligible aged children only receive the Government subsidies available for one group. You can make your preference known for which group you prefer at the time of enrolment.
At C&K Mourilyan District Kindergarten, we pride ourselves in acknowledging and respecting the culture, background and history of each individual child and their families. We want to ensure that each of these individual needs are respected and considered in all aspects of our service.
We believe that children learn best through play and need to develop an understanding and respect for themselves and others. Our staff achieve this by:
- Providing appropriate materials that consider age and development
- Ensuring we have a stimulating and responsive indoor and outdoor environment
- Facilitating learning about our community and the surroundings through excursions and discussions
- Providing a safe and secure environment that offers acceptable challenges and risk in play
- Role modelling respectful behaviour
- Promoting children's confidence, resilience, sense of wellbeing and identity within a stimulating, rich and responsive environment
- Acknowledging each child as an individual
- Allowing each child to complete activities at their own pace
- Ensuring that the children develop a sense of being, becoming and belonging within the immediate environment and the wider community.
We believe families are a child's first place of learning and are critically important in the education of their children. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Encouraging and supporting parents in their role
- Involving and respecting parents' ideas when planning
- Acknowledging parents are an important source of information about each child's needs
- Ensuring parents always feel welcome to spend time with their child at C&K Cooktown Community Kindergarten.
We believe our staff are an integral link in the successful partnership of a child's development and education. Our staff work to achieve this by:
- Ensuring each staff members skills and ability are acknowledged and supported through a range of specific professional development activities
- Working together to share ideas and support each other
- Acknowledging and recognising duty of care towards the children at C&K Mourilyan District Kindergarten.
Our staff also encourage involvement and support of our community in all areas of C&K Mourilyan District Kindergarten through actively liaising with organisations in the community to maintain the relationship.