C&K services excel in National Quality Framework (NQF) results
C&K is proud that 61% of its services have been awarded an ‘Exceeding’ rating, more than twice the national average. To view the current assessment and rating results for C&K services please visit http://acecqa.gov.au/families/national-registers.
C&K Bribie Island Community Kindergarten is also one of a very small number of services in Australia to have received an ‘Excellent’ rating.
National Quality Framework - Improving standards across the sector to benefit all children.
On 7 December 2009, the Australian Government, in partnership with state and territory governments, agreed to a number of improvements to the early childhood education and care sector through the introduction of a “National Quality Framework”. The framework covers kindergarten, childcare, family day care, outside school hours care and preschool services across Australia.
The framework includes:
- A national body to guide the implementation and management of the overall framework - the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- The National Quality Standard (NQS) for early childhood education and care and outside school hours care
- Improved staff-to-child ratios
- New qualification requirements for early childhood educators
- A new quality rating system for services.
The framework has been progressively implemented from 1 January 2012.
NQS Quality Areas and Guiding Principles
The NQS consists of seven quality areas, each containing standards and elements, that children's education and care services are assessed and rated against. The seven quality areas covered by the National Quality Standard are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements, including staff to child ratios and qualifications
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management.
The quality areas of the NQS reflect the C&K philosophy and C&K Building waterfalls teaching and learning guidelines.