Find a C&K near you
C&K continues to shine well above National assessment and rating results, with 60% of centres achieving "Exceeding" (30% above the national average).
C&K Bribie Island Community Kindergarten is also one of a very small number of centres in Australia to have received an ‘Excellent’ rating.
National Quality Framework
The National Quality Framework (NQF) aims to drive continuous improvement and consistency in the quality of education and care services through:
- A national legislative framework, consisting of the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- The National Quality Standard (NQS)
- A National quality rating and assessment cycle
- National learning frameworks
- The Early Years Learning Framework (for early childhood)
- My Time, Our Place (for school-aged children)
- A regulatory authority in each state and territory that has responsibility for the approval, monitoring and quality assessment of services. In Queensland, the regulatory authority is the Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC)
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) provides National oversight.
NQS Quality Standards
The National Quality Standard sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care centres. Centres are assessed and rated against seven quality areas, 15 standards and 40 elements that make up the NQS. The seven quality areas are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Governance and leadership