8.00am - 3.30 pm
Thursdays and Fridays.
Ravenshoe Kindergarten aims to provide each and every child with a safe, nurturing, flexible learning environments based on free and self initiated play. Our Educational program aims to allow opportunities to develop self-esteem, independence, curiosity, creativity, cooperation, friendship and tolerance.
Note from the Director
My name is Karen Muller and I am the Director/Teacher here at Ravenshoe Kindergarten. I have worked here since January 2008 as and educator. I am actively studying my Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching) (BEDEC1) through the University of New England.
I have worked as an educator since 1990, with children aged 3-5 years throughout NSW and QLD in different preschools and kindergartens. I have also worked in several home-based care situations with children aged 3-12 years. I had break in early childhood in 2000 however returned in 2008 to a position at the Ravenshoe Limited Hours Childcare Centre where at the same time was working at the kindy.
My interests are walking, swimming, gardening, spectating 4WD racing and storytelling. I live with my husband; Marcel and our two dogs; Peppa and Scruffy.
My qualifications include:
- Actively Studying: Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching (BEDEC1) at UNE via online delivery
- Diploma of Children's Services (CHC50908) at the C&K College of Early Childhood (2014)
- Certificate 3 in Children's Services (CHC30402) at the ABC National Institute of Early Childhood Education (2009)
- Completed (3 years) Associate Diploma of Social Sciences (Child Studies) (8932) at NSW Meadowbank TAFE (1997)
- Current QLD Blue Card, First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis/Asthma certification