Our kindy sessions are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and alternate Thursdays from 8.45 am to 2.45 pm during term time. We are closed during the state school holidays.
When you enter C&K Yungaburra Community Kindergarten you will notice …
… the happy “buzz” of children busily engaged in a wide range of activities – playing with friends, building things, making things, painting and drawing, following the obstacle course, swinging, riding bikes, climbing, sliding, gardening, cooking with Kindy Grandma, “reading” books.
… our wonderful outdoor space, with shady trees, bike tracks, climbing equipment, swings, a children’s garden and lots of room for kids to be kids.
… our friendly and welcoming staff.
We pride ourselves on our relationships with families and the community, our connection to the natural environment and our reputation of being a place “where everybody belongs”.
In 2015 we were delighted to be rated overall as Exceeding National Quality Standard by the Department of Education and Training.
Belinda Fowler is our Teacher/Director and has been teaching at Yungaburra Kindy since 2014. Melinda Hosking is our Assistant and she has been at Yungaburra Kindy since the start of 2013. Sarah Francis is our Administration Officer and looks after our enrolments amongst other things.
During their kindy year the children will be learning to:
- share the continuity, daily life and experiences of the service.
- engage with the culture of their local community, develop an understanding of the community in which they live and the wider social world.
- develop a sense of belonging & trusting relationships with others.
- feel valued as capable individuals who are safe but not overprotected.
- develop a confident awareness of themselves, identify and express their feelings and needs in individual ways.
- enjoy achieving and accomplishing with others.
- explore their physical, social, cultural, emotional, spiritual & cognitive identity.
- listen to and show concern, consideration and empathy for others.
- understand and respect differences & similarities, different points of view and the diversity between people.
- share their knowledge, ideas, thinking and reasoning while exploring, discussing, questioning and reflecting on their experiences and ideas.
- contribute their own ideas as they take responsibility for their own learning in a negotiated curriculum.
- listen to, value and respond to the ideas of others.
All this can be achieved when learning through play.
We look forward to welcoming every family who would like to visit our service and experience the warmth of Yungaburra Kindy for themselves.
Belinda & Melinda
C&K Yungaburra Community Kindergarten