Monday - Friday
8:45am - 2:45pm
5 days per week care is available by utlising our on-site child care centre, open Mon - Fri from 7:30am - 5:30pm and child care subsidies are available for families utilising this service.
Before kindy care from 7:30am
After kindy care until 5:30pm
When you enter C&K Yungaburra Community Kindergarten you will notice:
- the happy “buzz” of children busily engaged in a wide range of activities – playing with friends, building things, making things, painting and drawing, following the obstacle course, swinging, riding bikes, climbing, sliding, gardening, cooking with Kindy Grandma, “reading” books.
- our wonderful outdoor space, with shady trees, bike tracks, climbing equipment, swings, a children’s garden and lots of room for kids to be kids.
- our friendly and welcoming staff.
We pride ourselves on our relationships with families and the community, our connection to the natural environment and our reputation of being a place “where everybody belongs”.
In 2015, we were delighted to be rated overall as Exceeding National Quality Standard by the Department of Education and Training.
Belinda Fowler is the Teacher/Director for our Possum Group which operates at the start of the week, and she has been teaching at Yungaburra Kindy since 2014. Majella Osborne is the Teacher/Director for our Kangaroo Group, operating at the end of the week. Majella has been with us since 2018. Both our groups operate a 5 day fortnight kindy program.
Melinda Hosking is our Assistant and has been at Yungaburra Kindy since 2013. Sarah Francis is our Adminstration Officer and looks after our enrolments amongst other things.
Free Kindy for 2022 - Enrol Now
C&K Yungaburra Community Kindergarten has secured additional funding from the Queensland Department of Education to offer Free Kindy for 2022. The funding allows families of eligible-aged children to attend C&K Yungaburra Community Kindergarten for 15 hours per week at no cost. Your child must turn four-years-old by 30 June 2022 to be eligible for the funding. Please contact us today for more information or to enrol and secure your child’s place today.
During their kindy year, the children will be learning to:
- share the continuity, daily life and experiences of the service.
- engage with the culture of their local community, develop an understanding of the community in which they live and the wider social world.
- develop a sense of belonging & trusting relationships with others.
- feel valued as capable individuals who are safe but not overprotected.
- develop a confident awareness of themselves, identify and express their feelings and needs in individual ways.
- enjoy achieving and accomplishing with others.
- explore their physical, social, cultural, emotional, spiritual & cognitive identity.
- listen to and show concern, consideration and empathy for others.
- understand and respect differences & similarities, different points of view and the diversity between people.
- share their knowledge, ideas, thinking and reasoning while exploring, discussing, questioning and reflecting on their experiences and ideas.
- contribute their own ideas as they take responsibility for their own learning in a negotiated curriculum.
- listen to, value and respond to the ideas of others.
All this can be achieved when learning through play.
We look forward to welcoming every family who would like to visit our service and experience the warmth of Yungaburra Kindy for themselves.
Belinda, Melinda & Majella