Monday - Friday
8:22am - 2:30pm
- Group 1A: Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm
- Group 1B: Thursday, Friday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm
Welcome to C&K Deception Bay North Community Kindergarten.
We are co-located on the Deception Bay North State School grounds. We currently operate two classes a week and provide universal access to early years education to forty-eight children.
We run a Queensland Government Kindergarten Approved Program and received an “Exceeding the National Quality Standards” in our Department of Education, Training and Employment Audit.
We operate a five day fortnight program for each class and align with school hours as well as school holidays.
Our Early Years philosophy is based on a social and cultural perspective that values the whole individual, their support networks, society, culture and prior knowledge. It is a malleable and holistic philosophy, open to change and development in accordance with the needs of our children and community. Children are independent thinkers, explorers, investigators and inquirers. Their ideas are celebrated and valued and form the basis of our program. This enables children and their community to feel empowered and have a sense of ownership and responsibility over their education.
At C&K Deception Bay North Community Kindergarten we believe:
- that all children should have access to a high quality early years education program, free from discrimination and other social and economic barriers.
- in an inclusive framework and environment for all families.
- children should learn through play, in an aesthetically pleasing, warm and homely environment.
- children are capable learners, thinkers, explorers and inquirers and should learn through a meaningful, respectful, challenging and negotiated curriculum.
- in the collaborative and relationship based process of teaching - the importance of networking and making links (developing relationships) between children, families, staff, and the wider community.
- that through consistent critical reflection and professional development the staff and our centre will continue to provide quality early childhood education.
- recognise the past and our connection to the land on which we stand, paying our respects to the traditional owners, the Gubbi Gubbi People and honour this history.
Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program
C&K has been successful in securing funding from the Queensland Department of Education for the Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program. This program provides funding for community kindergartens selected by the Department to offer no-cost or low-cost three-year-old programs in terms 3 and 4 in 2022.
To be eligible for the funding, children need to have turned three by 30 June 2022.
C&K Deception Bay North Community Kindergarten is offering no-cost Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program for three-year-olds in terms 3 and 4, 2022.
Please contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service to support families with enrolments, inclusion, and medical needs forms. This service provides clarity to help remove language barriers that impact the child's needs.
Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program
Three-year-old children will attend the existing high-quality community kindergarten program alongside four-year-olds, which will complement and extend children's learning at home. It also provides learning opportunities that are not always readily available in a home context – including building relationships with teachers and learning to cooperate with peers in a group environment.
Attending this program in terms 3 and 4, 2022 will provide children with opportunities to learn alongside older children and provide an individualised and developmentally appropriate approach.
Program operating hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm
- Thursday, Friday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm