Monday - Friday
8:00am - 3:42pm
- Group 1A: Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesday, 8:30am - 2:38pm
- Group 1B: Thursday and Friday, 8:00am - 3:42pm
Welcome to C&K South Mackay Community Kindergarten. We are a community based not for profit organisation with a proud and substantial history of providing quality education for young children over the last 45 years.
C&K South Mackay Community Kindergarten prides itself on its partnerships with families and works towards promoting curiosity, resilience and life-long learning within a play based environment.
In our work with children, C&K South Mackay Community Kindergarten strives to:
- Promote secure attachments and warm and trusting relationships.
- Enhance communication skills, social interactions and awareness of others.
- Encourage active, competent learners who think critically.
- Create a safe and stimulating learning environment that encourages thoughtful play.
- Encourage creative learning and informed risk taking.
Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program
C&K has been successful in securing funding from the Queensland Department of Education for the Great Start to Kindergarten Pre-kindy Program. This program provides funding for community kindergartens selected by the Department to offer no-cost or low-cost three-year-old programs in terms 3 and 4 in 2022.
To be eligible for the funding, children need to have turned three by 30 June 2022.
C&K South Mackay Community Kindergarten is offering no-cost Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program for three-year-olds in terms 3 and 4, 2022.
Please contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service to support families with enrolments, inclusion, and medical needs forms. This service provides clarity to help remove language barriers that impact the child's needs.
Pre-kindy in a kindergarten program
Three-year-old children will attend the existing high-quality community kindergarten program alongside four-year-olds, which will complement and extend children's learning at home. It also provides learning opportunities that are not always readily available in a home context – including building relationships with teachers and learning to cooperate with peers in a group environment.
Attending this program in terms 3 and 4, 2022 will provide children with opportunities to learn alongside older children and provide an individualised and developmentally appropriate approach.
Program operating hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesday, 8:30am - 2:38pm
- Thursday and Friday, 8:00am - 3:42pm
Linda Symons (Teacher/Director)