C&K Windaroo Community Kindergarten
To enrol at this kindy, you can either:
1. Enrol now - Please contact our Enrolments team on 1800 177 092 or email us. You may be able to enrol immediately if a place is available. If no place is available we will place your child on a waiting list or suggest alternatives
2. Enrol later – Please click the “Enrol online” button above and fill out the form. You will be added to a queue and contacted as soon as a suitable place is available. Places are usually offered for the following year, between May and July the year before.
Which year should my child attend kindy?
- 2019 - Children born 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015
- 2020 - Children born 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016
- 2021 - Children born 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
- 2022 - Children born 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
- 2023 - Children born 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
C&K Building waterfalls is C&K’s early childhood curriculum framework. It is Australia’s first collaborative birth to school age curriculum framework and is universally acclaimed as inspiring and thought provoking, taking early childhood education to a new level. C&K Building waterfalls is based on enduring C&K philosophy, as well as encompassing contemporary practices and understandings of the early years and it is used by educators at every C&K service.
C&K Building waterfalls: a guideline for educators, living and learning with children aged birth to three offers all early childhood educators, whether in kindy or childcare, an approach to the earliest years of care and education based on enduring C&K philosophy, as well as encompassing contemporary practices and understandings of the early years.
C&K believes that children do not learn in isolation. It is a collaborative process. C&K Building waterfalls teaching and learning guidelines acknowledge the important role that educators, parents, guardians, other children and the physical environment play in a child’s learning. C&K Building waterfalls acknowledges children as competent and capable learners.
To read more about C&K Building waterfalls click here.
|2019 Daily Fee|
For children turning 4 by June 30 of the year attending*
|up to $40.70|
For 3 year olds *
|up to $8.74|
Enrolment fee - a one-off, non-refundable fee when you confirm your place
*What year should my child attend kindy?
This table shows the year the Queensland government recommends your child attends kindergarten. Children aged 4 years old by June 30 in the year they attend kindy are also called ‘Eligible age’ or ‘Target age’.
|Year born||Kindy year|
1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015
1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016
1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
|1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018||2022|
|1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019||2023|
What if I want my 3 year old to go to kindergarten?
If there are spaces, we are happy to have three year olds at kindy, who can come for 2 years. Please email our Enrolments Team or call 1800 177 092 to discuss your child and your family’s situation.
Can I get the concession rate?
The concession is funded by the Queensland and Australian governments. You can get the concession if your child is of eligible age and you:
- have a valid health care card, or
- have a valid pensioner concession card, or
- hold a veteran’s affairs gold/white card, or
- identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or South Sea Islander, or
- have had a multiple birth (three children or more) and all children attend kindy.
Are there any government rebates available?
Prior to 2 July 2018, C&K Windaroo was a registered care provider. This means you may be able to claim Child Care Benefit for Registered Care up to 1 July 2018.
From 2 July 2018, the Child Care Subsidy replaced all assistance payments, and children in kindergarten programs are no longer eligible. For more information on the Child Care Subsidy, visit the Department of Education's website.
I have more questions, who can I talk to?
If you have any other questions or concerns, please email our Enrolments Team or call 1800 177 092.
How does C&K decide fees?
As a not-for-profit organisation, C&K reinvests any surplus back into our services and programs to better achieve outcomes for all children and communities.
We aim to keep fees affordable for families and has developed a fee system to maximise family access to available subsidies. Read more about C&K's fee policies.
Statement of Fees
2019 Statement of Fees (PDF)