- Group 1A: Monday, Tuesday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm
- Group 1B: Thursday, Friday, and alternate Wednesdays, 8:22am - 2:30pm
C&K Blackwater Community Kindergarten has been part of the Blackwater Community for over 30 years. It boasts a large outdoor play space with plenty of natural shade, areas to explore and opportunity to investigate. This is complemented by an indoor environment that shares all the charms of a building of its age, it has three play spaces connected via steps that provide children with the opportunity to engage in solitary, small group and large group play experiences that support their learning and development.
C&K Blackwater Kindergarten operates above the National Quality Standards and is very proud of the exceeding rating that we have recently accomplished.
Blackwater Community Kindergarten’s philosophy is a written statement about the services values and beliefs. It provides an important framework upon which program decisions are made and highlights how the service works with children, educators, families, the wider community and the environment. Educators are encouraged to use the philosophy as a basis for their programming and decision making within the service. We encourage all staff and families to be familiar with the centre philosophy and to be involved in its annual evaluation.
- We value open ended play based learning experiences that reflect the children’s interests and developmental needs.
- We offer the delivery of a flexible and established daily program that facilitates children’s learning in the lead up to formal education.
- We acknowledge that children are competent and capable of constructing their own knowledge and leading their own play experiences, and value their input in guiding the program of the service.
We recognise that families are children's first teachers and that the best outcomes for children are achieved by working in partnership with families.
We aim to create an atmosphere which makes all families and children feel welcome and respected and able to share their values and ideals.
We encourage the seeking of knowledge, and aim to create an environment of trust and respect with emphasis on open communication.
We value the importance of working as a team in order to provide high quality care and education.
We are passionate and dedicated to providing a program and environment which is safe, inviting and stimulating for our children and families.
- We recognise that both indoor and outdoor environments play a vital role in supporting learning and promoting physical wellbeing, and strongly encourage the active use of our extensive outdoor space.
- We understand the importance of the environment as an influential educator in children’s development and aim to provide a secure base that fosters children natural instinct to explore, investigate and learn.
We are aware and appreciate the range of diverse cultures within our community and aim to have them valued and reflected as part of our curriculum.
We aim to build and maintain collaborative partnerships within the community including Government and Non-Government community groups and promote community respect and awareness with children and families.
We aim to reduce our Carbon footprint and encourage the use of natural and recycled materials, support a workplace that is environmentally aware and promote sustainable practices (minimising waste and recycling).