Provisionally Registered Teacher Support Program
C&K offers a support program for provisionally registered teachers (PRTs) working towards full registration.
This program is available for all PRTs working with children in the kindergarten age group and provides additional mentoring and support to help the PRT to meet the Queensland College of Teachers teaching standards.
C&K provides experienced, qualified registered teachers as mentors who provide wise practice support via face-to-face visits, phone and email in the following areas:
- curriculum, programme and planning
- documentation and assessment of children’s learning
- guiding practice against the standards and the collection of evidence
- counsel, insight and guidance for decisions.
Once the PRT obtains the required experience the mentor will sign-off the principal report which is then submitted to the QCT, enabling the PRT to transition to full registration.
As part of the C&K PRT support program teachers are also provided with:
- free resources including the C&K collaborative teaching and learning journal and practice guides
- opportunities to engage in professional conversations with other PRTs
- professional development opportunities (face-to-face and online)
- provision of a live and continual PRT report to track progress.
For more information or to register your interest in future teaching opportunities at C&K, please email the C&K Recruitment Team or call 1300 345 189.