Kindergarten with Extended Hours
To provide more flexibility for families, some C&K kindergartens provide an extended kindy program (from 2pm to 6pm or later) and holiday kindy.
Our education program
Kindergarten, also known as pre-prep or preschool, is a program for 3-5 year old children the year before they attend school. C&K’s kindergarten programs are guided by university-qualified teachers and support children’s curiosity, creativity, and resilience.
At C&K we know that children do not learn in isolation, so we approach learning as a collaborative relationship between teachers, children and parents.
At C&K we believe children are powerful learners, active citizens, thinkers and theorisers - this is at the heart of our early childhood curriculum. We've designed our indoor and outdoor spaces to ignite imaginations and nurture healthy minds and bodies.
Read more about C&K’s education program.
How the core kindergarten and extended kindergarten program works
Our core kindergarten program is led by a university-qualified, Early Childhood Teacher, supported by assistant educators.
There will be a half-hour overlap between the core kindergarten program lead and the extended program lead educator each day. Educators will share highlights and continuing plans for the day.
The extended program continues children’s learning into the afternoon and is led by a diploma-qualified educator and supported by an assistant educator. The extended program team will also have access to an Early Childhood Teacher.
Kindergartens with extended hours (to 6pm or later)
- C&K Ascot Community Kindergarten
- C&K Carindale Community Kindergarten
- C&K Coorparoo Community Kindergarten
- C&K Corbett Street Community Kindergarten
- C&K Moranbah Community Kindergarten And Preschool
- C&K Paddington Kindergarten
- C&K Port Douglas Community Kindergarten
- C&K Rosalie Community Kindergarten And Preschool
- C&K Rowes Bay Community Kindergarten
- C&K Springfield Central Community Kindergarten
- C&K Weir Community Kindergarten