- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 5:30pm
- Room 1: Babies (6 weeks to 15 months)
- Room 2: Toddlers (15 months to 2 year olds)
- Room 3: Pre-Kindy (2 to 3 year olds)
- Room 4: Kindy (3 to 5 year olds)
We are located on Celeber Drive, next to Wilson Park.
Welcome to C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre
At C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre, we welcome children from 6 weeks of age to 5 years old and provide care and early learning five days a week from 7:00am to 5:30pm.
The C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service which provides access to integrated early childhood education and care, parenting and family support and child maternal health services. The centre incorporates a Long Day Care Centre and a Hub, that is designed to work together as an integrated unit.
The C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre is a facility where our whole community is welcome and where all cultures are respected.
Our vision is to be a trusted children and family centre that empowers all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to grow, learn and build on strengths with connection to land, sea and cultures.
We have a dedicated, quality teaching team with fantastic facilities both indoors and out. We offer an environment that is founded on trust and respect, providing children with a safe environment where they can express themselves freely. Children are supported to learn, grow and develop at their own pace through play and hands on experiences.
We believe in working in partnership with our families and community and believe they are an integral part of our centre.
We welcome visitors to our centre at any time to meet our educators, see the facilities and find out more about how our centre works closely with the Hub to offer holistic services to families.
Our centre has a beautiful kitchen facility which allows us to provide all meals including breakfast. We also provide nappies and have a bus service if transport is required
The C&K Mackay Children and Family Hub provides a large number of programs and services to support the wider community. These include:
- Early Childhood and Care
- Playgroup: Tuesday (support group by invitation only) and Thursday from 10am to 12pm (no cost)
- Homework Club (Prep to year 7): Tuesday and Thursday from 2.45pm-4.30pm
Specialist health and allied health services by referral
- Family and parent support
- Adjunct care
- Parenting programs
- Literacy and numeracy
- Family support/crisis care - including domestic violence resources and referral support
- Child and maternal health
- Psychological referrals
- Antenatal and postnatal health
- Women's Health checks
- Family dental and health care referrals
- Child health nurse by appointment on Wednesday or walk in clinics on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- Flexible booking options (read more).
- Storypark app
- C&K hat
- C&K shirt (kindergarten children)
- Nappies and wipes
- Food provided (breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- Onsite cook
- Community Pantry to support families in need
- Bus pick up and drop off for eligible families
- Onsite HUB for family support, playgroup, homework club and health nurses
Infant and Toddler Approach
At C&K we are exploring new approaches for the educators that care for and educate our littlest people at C&K childcare centres. The Infant and Toddler approach, which we have developed, is all about being in the moment with your child. Our philosophy for this age group is to “slow down” and be in the moment with your child to allow them the opportunity to learn and discover at their own pace. We are focused on spending one-on-one time with babies and toddlers and developing deep and trusting relationships with each individual child.
No two days are the same at C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre. Each day’s learning is driven by the interests and ideas of the children. The spacious and natural environments within our centre are thoughtfully planned and well resourced, with opportunities to meet the needs and interests of all children who attend. This is achieved through the provision of combined indoor and outdoor play opportunities throughout the day. Play offers children many opportunities to develop friendships, explore, solve problems, help others, imagine, create, and extend on their interests.
Community spirit is important to us at C&K Mackay Children and Family Centre. We foster strong ties to the local community and encourage parent involvement in the daily operations of the centre. We often hold and partake in community events and love connecting with local businesses and groups around us.
Book a Tour
We welcome you and your child to come and visit and explore our centre. Please contact us directly to confirm a suitable time.